Registrable Postgraduate Qualifications which Confer Immediate Eligibility for Consideration for Appointment as a Consultant.
F.F.A., R.C.S.; F.M.C.A.; F.W.A.C.S. (Anaesthesia); D.A.B. in Anaesthesia.
2. DENTAL SURGERY
F.M.C.D.; F.D.S., R.C.S.; F.D.S., R.C.P.S.
3. GENERAL DENTAL SURGERY
4. GENERAL MEDICAL PRACTICE
F.M.C.G.P.; F.R.C.G.P.; F.W.A.C.P. (General Medical Practice); D.A.B. in Family Medicine.
F.A.C.P.; F.M.C.P.; F.R.A.C.P.; F.R.C.P.; F.R.C.P. [C]; F.W.A.C.P. [Internal Medicine]; D.A.B. in Internal Medicine.
6. OBSTETRICS AND GYNAECOLOGY
F.A.C.O.G.; F.M.C.O.G.; F.R.C.O.G.; F.W.A.C.S. [O&G]; D.A.B. in Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
F.M.C.Ophth.; F.W.A.C.S.[Ophth.]; F.R.C.Ophth. D.A.B. in Ophth.
F.M.C.Orl.; F.W.A.C.S [Orl.]
F.M.C.Paed.; F.W.A.C.P.[Paed.]; D.A.B. in Paediatrics.
F.M.C.Path.; F.R.C.Path.; F.R.C.Path[C]; F.W.A.C.P. [Lab. Medicine]; D.M.J.[Clinical]/D.M.J.[Path.] from Society of Apotheearies London; D.A.B. in Path.
11. PUBLIC HEALTH
F.M.C.P.H.; F.W.A.C.P. [Comm. Med.]
F.M.C.Psych.; F.W.A.C.P.[Mental Health]; F.R.C.Psych.; D.A.B. in Psychiatry.
F.M.C.R.; F.R.C.R.; F.R.C.R. [C]; F.W.A.C.S. [Radiology]; D.A.B. in Radiology
F.A.C.S.; F.M.C.S.; F.W.A.C.S.; D.A.B. in Surgery.
Registrable Postgraduate Qualifications which would Confer Eligibility for Consideration for the Post of a Consultant after a Determined Period of Practice in the Specialty.
M.D. and M.S. in Anaesthesiology [Egyptian and Indian University only].
M.R.C.P.; M.R.A.C.P.; M.W.A.C.P.; M.D. [Egyptian University only];
D.M. [U. Madras, India].
3. OBSTETRICS AND GYNAECOLOGY
M.R.C.Path. [Post Basic Medical or Dental Surgery]
M.R.C. Psych. [U.K., Ireland, Australia And New Zealand]
D.M.R.E.; D.M.R.D.; D.M.R.T.
8. Specialist Certificate from Bulgaria [after Basic Medical Qualification]
9. Specialist Certificate from France [CES/CIS].
10. German Specialist Certificates
11. Specialist Certificate from Greece
12. Specialist Certificate from Netherlands
13. The Second Degree Specialist Certificates from Poland.
14. State Specialist Board Diplomas of the former Yugoslavia.
15. Certificates of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
16. FRCS England; Edin.; Glasgow.; Ireland.
17. Second Degree Specialist Certificates from the former Czechoslovakia
18. Specialist Diplomas from Romania
19. Specialist Certificate from the former [USSR] now CIS.
20. Postgraduate Medical Diplomas from Graz; Innsbruck and Vienna [Austria].
21. Specialist Certificate from Cuba.
Qualifications which are Recognized by the Council as Acquisition of Additional knowledge in an Area of Medicine or Dentistry but which would not ordinarily Confer Specialist Status.
1. Sub-fellowship Diplomas of West African Postgraduate Medical College [D.W.A.C.P. and D.W.A.C.S.] i.e
Diploma in Anaesthesiology
Diploma in Psychiatry
Diploma in Ophthalmology
2. D.A. [Nigeria, England, Ireland]
3. M.Sc. in Tropical Medicine
4. M.PH.; D.P.H.; D.I.H.; D.T.P.H.; D.T.H. & H.
5. M.Sc. [Occ. Med.]
6. D.C.P.; Diploma in Bact.; D.Path.; [Post Basic Medical or Dental Degree]
7. Any other qualification so classified by Council.
Postgraduate qualifications in Basic Medical and Clinical Sciences; Post Basic Medical qualification. Such as M.Sc. or Ph.D. Microbiology, Anatomy, Physiology, Pharmacology, Immunology etc.